COVID-19 POLICIES & PROCEDURES
We want our studio to be a safe and comfortable space
(physically and emotionally) for everyone who visits.
We always want you to leave your class feeling even better
than when you came in.
For studio sessions:
Our studio is set up in a collective clinic space that also hosts other wellness professions such as dietetics, acupuncture, and massage therapy. Therefore, when you're within the shared spaces in the clinic, please wear your mask for the comfort and safety of others.
Our main priorities are to follow all lawful health and safety requirements and to keep a comfortable, respectful, and safe space for everyone in our studio.
With that in mind:
1. Do not come in if you are sick or if you have been around anyone who is sick.
2. Please wear your mask when you're not on your mat. You don't have to wear a mask when you're exercising, as long as you remain at a safe distance from others; however, your teacher will wear a mask throughout your session.
3. Please clean your hands upon entering the studio.
4. Do not come in if you've been requested by the authorities to self-isolate.
5. Since November 8, 2021, we are required by law to check for proof of vaccination when you enter our studio. We are happy to share that all of our staff are fully vaccinated.
6. Please maintain reasonable physical distance from others in your class. Your mats are already spaced away from others, but we'd like to keep everyone feeling safe and secure.
7. You can definitely opt out of hands-on cuing and correction from your teacher. Your teacher reserves the right to maintain physical distancing if they're concerned for their own safety. Your teacher will sanitize their hands between any and all physical contact with individual clients.
8. All of our equipment and props are thoroughly sanitized with bleach or soap solution between each and every use; no props are reused without being cleaned. Soft props (handles, towels, bolster covers, yoga straps) are put through the laundry before reuse.
9. All surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and between each class and appointment.
10. Your teacher commits to never coming in if they are at all sick with any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
11. We commit to informing you if we have any cause for concern regarding exposure or community transmission of COVID-19.
12. Please arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before your appointment or class starts and wait outside the studio doors for your teacher to let you in.
13. Please wear a mask at all times. If you forget your mask, we have reusable ones you can borrow or disposable medical masks you can use.
14. In line with our Chief Medical Officer's recent recommendations, if you have recently travelled outside of the Yukon, we ask that you do not come into the studio until 3 days after your return.
For home sessions:
1. The day before your session, your instructor will be in contact with you to ensure that no one in your household has any symptoms of illness, has not been in contact with anyone who has symptoms of illness and has not travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days. Before your instructor enters your home, they will ask about these factors again to make sure nothing has changed.
2. You instructor will never come to an appointment at your home if they or anyone in their household has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days, has symptoms of illness or has made contact with anyone with symptoms.
3. Your instructor will sanitize their hands upon entering your home and any equipment they bring into your home will be cleaned prior with diluted bleach and also re-sanitized with an alcohol based cleaner when they arrive.
4. Your hands must be sanitized upon your instructor’s arrival, before touching any of their equipment.
5. There may only be 2 people in the room at a time when your Pilates instructor is teaching you. Any other members of your household must stay in another room while your session is in progress.
6. Physical distancing will be maintained unless brief contact with use of PPE is necessary for your safety.
7. Your instructor will wear a mask, and we request that you wear one as well.
8. Your instructor will touch as little as possible in your home and everything they bring into your house will be sanitized upon their leaving.
9. Your instructor will sanitize their hands upon leaving.